28 December 2011

Knitsewknitsewknitsewknitsew... and then the sci-fi party of my dreams?




This has been my little corner of the world lately--three days and an embarrassing number of X-Files episodes since Christmas and I am well on my way to finishing my winter projects! I've set myself up in the living room at my parents' house (my sister especially loves my complete inability to share the coffee table), working alternately on my New Years dress and C's pillbox hat. I also took over the dining room table:



So that's two whole rooms...I need to consolidate, haha.

The dress is going okay! I decided to use the sleeve from Colette Patterns' Oolong in the end, and a bias band at the neckline instead of a facing (I was worried it'd be too bulky, since I'm also lining the dress). I think it's going to be nice.

As for the hat: things are a little touch and go! I used heavy-duty interfacing (like the kind for purse sides) for stability, and am working on the embellishments, but I need to finish drafting a pattern for 'em.

And I finished the first of my dad's (extremely tardy) Christmas socks, and started on the second! It's unblocked and kind of wonky, but he tried it on and it fits nicely, so...that's what matters:


They are, yes, very plain. He wanted plain. Part of the present was the sacrifice for me of making something so plain because he wanted them so. I'm secretly looking a little forward to starting my mom's pair, which will be patterned and at least have some color to them.

Plans for New Year have also solidified: I am going to a Dr. Who party! That is, the Facebook event is called "there's a party in my tardis and everyone's invited." The entire event description is "RUN." I am really excited. And I spoke to C and she was independently planning on wearing a dress that matches her soon-to-be hat! PERFECT LUCK.

Now I'm back off to craft-and-UFO-land: Kaylee from Firefly has just been abducted by a madman and walled up in a cabin, Scully and Mulder are hot on her captor's trail, and I have some sewing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment