25 December 2011

Acting on My NY Resolutions Early?

HEY MERRY CHRISTMAS FOLKS. If yer not a Christmaphile, happy holidays?

Things have been crazy, tumultuous, etc. the past couple months (I know, I know, I always say that). Salient details:

-moving back to Boston middle of next month!
-knitting all the freaking time again!
-learning millinery!
-computer is still broken!

At the moment, my biggest concerns are clearing and organizing my junk for the move, knitting the socks I "gave" my parents for Christmas without having finished making (thanks to aforementioned tumult), and working on two sewing projects: a New Years' dress for, well, New Years' Eve, and a hat for C (a NYE/belated birthday and Christmas gift, as I missed both of her giftingdays in December). I am excited about both (though have tragically left my camera in my apartment while parentvisiting for the week and am therefore incapable of photographing either in progress). And apparently I love parentheses now?

The dress is going to be made in this great cotton novelty print I found in the clearance pile at Fabricville, with green and gold champagne bottles/flutes and New Year confetti in red and blue. I got nice unstaticky red lining (LOVE lining things in bright lipstick red) and am Frankenpatterning up a storm: the Butterick 5032 bodice, which I've made before and which fit like a dream; the skirt half of the Burdastyle bustier dress with the draped/sarong skirt (only without that weird ruffly thing! I'm thinking a really big brooch or some other embellishment over the gathering seam there); and a short sleeve, though I'm not sure which pattern's sleeve's I'm going to mess around with yet. Possibly just the cap sleeves from Butterick 5316, maybe something more legit, we'll see how much time I have to mess around.

The hat is MUCH more sorted out and I am super excited about it. I've got a dark teal-ish turquoise-ish shade of linen for the shell and a leopard print for the lining, and I'mma make a pillbox hat! With three removable/interchangeable embellishments, all on pins for easy switching! One of these was purchased (a feather-and-jewel pin), but the other two will be handmade. YES. I am amped...

AND HAVE SO MUCH TO DO IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. And on my mama's machine, too, as Edith is back in Montreal. Eek! Time to bake a pie, and then get back to these socks I'm knitting, so uh, Merry Christmas and I'll be a good blogger some other time?

No comments:

Post a Comment